From:
"d. resch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 1996 12:45:56 -0400

ListMembers:

I have gotton responses from the people who are interested in participating
in an IRC discussion group about Celiac Disease.  Everyone who responsed
was in the Eastern, Central or Mountain time zones of the USA or Canada and
all were pretty flexible as far as time goes.

I will set up a channel for two meeting dates this coming week. Tuesday
evening, July  2nd  at 9:30 P.M. Eastern time and again on Sunday, July 7th
at  6:00 P.M. Eastern time.  Once we establish the channel and determine
the level of interest, we can decide when and how often to meet.   Please
feel free to join even if you did not respond to the original survey.

I will name the channel         #celiac

Also, to determine anyone who is an unwanted visitor to the channel, I will
ask you for a password when you join.  The password will be:
glutenfree

My nickname on the channel will be :    andi_

If you are unfamiliar with IRC, please take the time to read the
information on the web pages that I have listed below.  If you do not know
how to find information on the web, but do have access to IRC, contact me
and I will see if I can e-mail you some information from the web pages to
get you started.

I usually use one of the following servers:
 /server irc.rutgers.edu
/server irc.ais.net
/server irc.cris.com
/server irc.kern.com
/server irc.stealth.net
/server irc.funet.fi

There are thousands of servers.  Find the one closes to you that works!
I look forward to chatting with some of you next week!

Debra A. Resch

>THE WORLD OF IRC
>http://www.innotts.co.uk/~backup/irc.html
>
>STEB-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR IRC
>http://www.iadfw.net/dug/irc.html
>
>INSTRUCTIONS FOR WINDOWS IRC CHAT SOFTWARE
>http://www.rust.net/~kaffeine/winirc.html
>
>INSTRUCTIONS FOR MACINTOSH IRC CHAT SOFTWARE
>http://www.rust.net/~kaffeine/macirc.html
>http://www.spectra.net/%7Edsaur/chat.html  (I use Ircle)
>
>---If your service provider does not provide IRC access, you may want to
>consider finding a new provider.  Below are two resources that will help
>you to access information about providers in your area.  If you are using a
>major provider like AOL, you should take the time to see what other
>services may be offered in your area by smaller providers.  Sometimes they
>offere cheaper monthly fees, unlimited access and local call up numbers,
>but you won't know this unless you do the research because they do not
>advertise like AOL, Compuserve, etc.
>

>THE LIST (INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS)
>http://thelist.iworld.com/
>
>INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS LIST
>http://www.commerce.com/net2/internet/isp.html

* To reply to the List, instead of poster, send to [log in to unmask] *
* Usenet posters must be subscribed to the Listserv, in addition to Usenet  *