From:
Stuart Altschuler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 1995 10:18:39 -0500

A number of you have expounded the advantages of epsom salt baths for
suspected PST problems.  What is an epsom salt bath?  Exactly how do you
prepare one, what do you do, and for how long do you do it?  Any brands of
epsom salts better than the others?

I am trying to avoid giving David (our nearly three year old PDD child) foods
containing phenols.  Where can I find a comprehensive list of foods that
contain phenols?  Because of David's yeast-elimination, gf/cf, rotated diet,
he is on some pretty exotic foods (e.g., amaranth, quinoa, okra, jicama,
cassava, white sweet potato flour, and many more) and all his foods are
prepared from scratch.  He has really responded to this diet (substantially
improved speech, beginnings of self-initiated speech, improved educability,
improved social interaction) but we are always trying to fine tune it
further.

What's the business with salicylates?  Previous postings from the archives
have been unclear or ambiguous on their roles.  Where can I find a
comprehensive list of foods that contain salicylates.

Thank you and God bless,

Stuart Altschuler