From:
Judith DeJaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 23:10:39 -0800

Applebees (a national chain with restaurants in San Diego)
A group of San Diego celiacs (8) toured this restaurant, spoke with the
manager, watched the food preparation area, and read all the necessary
ingredients in the pantry and freezer.  (We did not check out the salads,
salad dressings, or the preparation of the hamburger meat.)

We found only these items to be GF:  (to the best of my knowledge)

lemon pepper catfish with steamed potatoes and vegetables  (not on menu, but
can         be ordered as a special request)
cajan catfish with steamed potatoes and vegetables
steamed vegetables and potato platter
flourless chocolate cake with strawberries and whipped cream (we were unsure
about the chocolate syrup so we had them leave that off)

All meat (except catfish) is prepared and marinated in questionable
ingredients at a central manufacturing place.  It is then frozen and shipped
to the restaurants.

I also toured Daily's a health food restaurant with 6 locations in Southern, CA

This is what I found after reading the ingredients, watching the food prep
area, talking with the manager etc.

These are GF:  (to the best of my knowledge)

lentils and brown rice
3 bean and corn chili
black bean soup
sweet potato with maple cream