From:
MRS JOANNE R EGGLESTON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Nov 1995 12:57:25 EST

For those of you looking for a WONDERFUL cut out sugar cookie recipe,
here it is.  Believe me, when I say they are better than the so
called "real ones".

1 1/2 C. white rice flour
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 C. butter or margarine (cold)
1/2 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. GF vanilla, lemon, or almond flavoring
1 egg (cold)

Combine rice flour, cream of tartar, soda, and Xanthan Gum, and salt.
 Mix well. Put n Kitchen Aid mixer on #1 speed for 4 minutes to blend.

Cut in butter until mixture is in crumbs the size of peas.  In small
bowl beat sugar, egg, and vanilla (or other flavoring of your choice)
together.  Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until
dough pulls away from the sides.  Form into a flat ball shape and
refrigerate 1 hour.

Using freezer paper, dust with rice flour.  Put dough on freezer
paper and sprinkle with rice flour. Roll dough 1/4" thick and cut out
shapes as desired.

Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

This recipe can be doubled.

Please follow ALL of the above directions to the tee. If you
substitute for example, wax paper instead of freezer paper, you will
have problems!  I always make a double batch.  A double batch can
make approximately 40 cookies, depending on the size of your cookie
cutters. I used slightly larger ones.

Diana
Iowa