From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 1995 09:58:46 -0400

On 9/1/95 EST, Kevin J. McMahon <[log in to unmask]> wrote (in part):

>The mission of the DDR is to find healthy options for those supporting
>children with developmental delays and to prevent more children from
>being affected.

A positive way of saying less meds.

>A new, nationwide survey of nearly 700 children is showing a disturbing
>link between children with developmental delays and the amount of
>antibiotics they have taken.
>
>The survey, which included youngsters between the ages of one year and
>12 years found that those who have taken more than 20 cycles of antibiotics
>in their lifetime are over 50% more likely to suffer developmental delays.
> Children who have had three or fewer found of antibiotics were half
>as likely to become developmentally delayed.

Are cause and effect in the right order? Or are the antibody cycles just
another "symptom" of the same primary biological cause?

>The survey's other findings:
>
>o Nearly 75% of the delayed children were reported to be developing
>  normally in their first year of life.

Which would be before gluten and casein were entered into the diet.

>o Developmentally delayed children were 37% more likely to have had
>  3 or more ear infections than unaffected children.

Here's an article linking IgA antibodies and increased ear infections: