From:
"Brett Saks, BS, DC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 1996 17:07:03 +0000

Thank you all for the replies on gelatin capsules.  From some of the

Here is what I have learned:

1.  Gelatin is strictly an animal product.  I am not overly concerned
about animal, vegetable or mineral at this point, just whether or not
the gel-caps have GLUTEN.

2.  There are some companies that make their supplements which are
veggie caps.  I would probably be more suspicious of these having
gluten than the gelatin caps, as they may use gluten to help form
these capsules.

3.  The best advice I got was to ASK THE COMPANIES!

I appreciate everyone's input, It has haelped a lot.  I will have to
call the manufacturers and find out which supplements I recommend to
my patients are gluten free.

Thanks so much,

Brett
Brett Saks, BS, DC