Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 15:26:31 -0800

I just got a call back from Bayer Canada who markets Cipro which is an
antibiotic used commonly to treat bladder problems. I asked if the
product contained corn, gluten, rice, or lactose as I have problems with
all of these and the tablets I took yesterday made me very sick and way
too fast for it to be the usual antibiotic tummy upset. The person at
Bayer said that this product contains cornstarch, no gluten per se, but she
advised that it was not safe for celiacs. I have mislaid my gluten free
list (gaaaah!). Does anyone know if cornstarch is not on our list. I know
I can't have it because of additional allergies apart from CD but I am
curious as to why the person I spoke to would say it is not safe for
celiacs. Please reply to the list as I think this issue pertains to all
of us and not just my special allergies. I might add that Bayer called
back very quickly to my inquiry and were very helpful and I hate to diss
their very effective product but we should know if it is a problem for CD
people.
Thanks, sorry to bother you, wish I knew where my list is hiding,
Lisa Patch