From:
Rebecca Markle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 19:31:17 -0400

In the 6 months I've been a member of this list, I have met and talked
with the greatest group of people in the world.

The support and knowledge of the people of this list is incredible!  Some
of your stories and experiences are really incredible.  One of my
personal favorites was the I'VE BEEN FLAMED thread, that Don Wiss
started, and several parents of autistic children contributed to.  This
thread clearly spelled out that the diet is one management tool that
works in the treatment of autistic children, and in particular cases, it
works.  Again, not a cure, but a management strategy.  And the
SCHIZOPHRENIA thread of June...

This list is about people who are adapting and thriving.

What I'd like to do here in the States is contact our National Public
Radio and tell them about you.  Tell them about what it's like to live a
gluten-free life.  Tell them  about the first anniversary of the list.

Perhaps in Canada someone can contact the CBC?  This is worth a feature
on Quirks and Quarks.

If you have a story to tell, please respond to me privately.  I'll be
contacting NPR tonight... & I think I have the internet address for Q & Q
up in Toronto.

Please write!

Bec