From:
Glenn Bolger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 12:34:07 -0230

I just wanted to pass along a note re: fast food.  My fiance is Celiac
and enjoys fast food occasionally as a treat.  McDonalds has been great
here in Newfoundland, Canada.  As already mentioned their french fries
and hash browns are gluten-free (when the fat is not used to cook
"breaded" fries).  In addition, their sausage here in Canada
is also gluten-free from what we can see from their "Food
Facts" guide.  Occationally, we will bring in a bun
we've made ourselves and get the restaurant to prepare a burger on it.
They are fantastic about it!  We've also had no problem at Wendy's, A&W,
or Subway.  However, Burger King REFUSED to make a Whopper on the bun
because they said they couldn't take the bun into the kitchen due to
"sanitary" reasons.  I am calling their 1-800 number to complain and they
will not be receiving our business or the business of any of our friends
and family.

Does anyone have any other similar recent experiences?

Thanks,

Glenn Bolger
Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada