From:
"V. Sarenpa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 08:15:05 -0500

I too, feel rather bogged down at times with all the repeat answers to
message, however there are many interesting items and one doesn't need to
spend a great deal of time on any one.  In reply to the item about being
55 and being fed intravenously I take offense - I am 56 have had celiac
since I was 2 - diagnosed at 4 - a classic case - skin and bones with a
big tummy - no one even knew about gluten until I was in my 20s and even
then I wasn't really able to follow it - one didn't discuss special diets
then, but lots of positive thinking and grit are helpful.  I have 2
healthy sons, (whom I did not breast feed) thank goodness!  That was
something new I just learned!!  I look the picture of health at 118 lbs
and 5"2"- have no grey hair -- I have always tired easily, but I have
lived with this a long time and I am NOT being fed intraveniously!!  Mr.
bad temper must be a "crabby" celiac  - just what are you eating?