From:
Laura Johnson-Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 11:35:20 -0500

In message Mon, 27 Feb 1995 21:37:27 -0800,
  "Robert F. Peterson" <[log in to unmask]>  writes:

> Does anyone have information on the relationship between gluten and
> hypoglycemia? Does anyone know if their might be a listserver on
> hypoglycemia?

I don't know if this is the sort of info you're looking for, but I was
diagnosed with hypoglycemia after a 5 hour glucose tolerance test in
1992 (about 3 years ago).  At that time I knew that I had some kind of
gluten intolerance, but I was not yet following a strict gf diet.  I
haven't gone back for another glucose tolerance test, but my
hypoglycemic symptoms have definitely improved dramatically since I've
been on a gluten-free diet.

There is a link between hypoglycemia and later developoment of
diabetes.  Previous posts to the listserv have claimed a link between
celiac disease and diabetes, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that
there is some kind of gluten-hypoglycemia link.

Laura Johnson-Kelly