From:
"Wendy E. Betts" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 10:23:21 -0800

On Feb 16,  6:57am, Karen Bulmer wrote:

} I'm wondering if why so many questions in regards to vinegar were
} because they were flavour enhanced with "spices" and that it was not
} actually the vinegar that was suspect.

No, here in the US vinegar is on our forbidden list because it's
distilled from grain.  Only recently have there been efforts to remove
it.  I must admit, I have not had to nerve to reintroduce it to my diet
as of yet...

I wonder if anyone has done any comparison studies of celiac health
and recovery in England and Canada, where the rules seem to be much
less strict, compared to the US? If there is no real difference, it
would seem we are being restricted unnecessarily.

Wendy E. Betts, Editor "The WEB: Celebrating Children's Literature"
finger [log in to unmask]; http://www.armory.com/~web/web.html
"Today is the day you take Life by the scruff of the neck and shake it
till it coughs up what you want!"    -  _Seven Days to a Brand-New Me_