From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 11:47:21 -0500

On Feb 16th Karen Bulmer wrote:

>I guess it's a matter or who is doing the research.  Here (Canada) our
>allowed food list includes malt vinegar and rye whiskey.  The reasoning
>they give behind these is that they are distilled and all the gluten is
>removed from the product.

Someone once told me that he had heard that after distillation they
take some of the stuff from the beginning and add it to the end product
to get a flavor.

I definitely do get a reaction to vinegar, however it is a little
different from a gluten one. It is more gassey and more like diarrhea
than steatorrhea. And it comes on quickly.

On the subject of hidden vinegar. The Cubans and Dominicans put vinegar
in their beans. The other Caribbeans do not.

[log in to unmask], New York, NY
BondCalc Corporation, Tel: 212.587.0097, Fax: 212.587.9142