From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 06:53:37 -0700

Does anyone know if the Proctor & Gamble company who produces Pringles
potato chips has changed their recipe in the states?  I was ecstatic
when I realized I could still eat Pringles after being diagnosed as
Celiac only to have them change their recipe to include potato and/or
wheat starch.  After contacting them to find out why, they said it had
nothing to do with cost but that a taste test survey was done and that
the new taste was ruled as better.  Since I can no longer eat them I
was unable to judge for myself.

This is one of the snacks that I truly miss as a Celiac.

Little story - My first shopping trip after being diagnosed I was
picking up hamburger buns and found myself squeezing the packages to
see which were freshest.  Then I said "what the heck, I can't eat these
ones anymore".  So I just threw the first bag of buns into the cart.
I have gotten over that and now still squeeze the buns for the freshest
for the rest of the family.

Anyone else have these type of feelings after being diagnosed?

P.S.  to qualify squeezing, I don't squish the buns I just poke the bags!