From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 13:20:29 -0700

>I am curious whether a celiac antibody panel was done on either you
>or your child prior to the biopsy (endomysial, reticulin, gliadin IgA
>IgG). I find the biopsy such an intrusive event, at least for a child
>.... we had TWO antibody blood tests done just to be sure of the need,
>before agreeing to the biopsy

I know we had each 10 tubes of blood taken and a whole bunch of tests
were done but that it showed nothing out of the ordinary.  Cody also
had the Cystic Fibrosis "sweat test" done to rule out CF.  Then the
final step was the biopsy.

Until I started reading this list I had never heard of gliadin IgA IgG
...  etc. and really still don't understand all the terminology that
flies around the network, but I'm learning.