Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 08:16:39 -0600
From:
"D. Hornick" <[log in to unmask]>

We just received the "new and improved" Shopping guide for commercial
products from CSA/USA.  From our initial perusal, we believe it will be
very helpful to us.  Thank you to those on the list who contributed to
the effort to produce the guide.  We are very grateful.

We have two questions regarding items in the guide:

1.  The guide implies that their may be toxicity issues with use of
lactaid enzymes by celiacs with simultaneous lactose intolence.  Are
there recognized potential toxic effects of these enzymes?  What are
they specifically?

2.  Two breakfast cereals listed as GF: Alpha Bits and Cap'n Crunch
have oat flour in the ingredients list. Were they once GF?

Once again, Thank you CSA/USA for the extensive, updated products list.

Doug and Leigh Hornick