Date:
Fri, 27 May 2016 18:13:39 -0700

1. We used FindMe GF app and Google. Had great meals. Not cheap.  Breakfast was at family home.  Was well accommodated at all of these.

The Vig in Arcadia, Phoenix.  Shrimp in lime sauce kale salad.

The Mission, in Scottsdale ....10 oz (seemed less) sliced steak in an unknown gf delicious sauce. (We were outdoors, and it got dark). No GF menu, but waitress recommend the steak, which was more like pot roast...fantastic. With little 3 corn bread puffs. Very expensive, but it was late and we were starving.

Chelsea's Kitchen, in Phoenix.  corn bread, Del mar salad and corn chips & guacamole. Would have gladly gone back for dinner!

Beckett's Table. Phoenix . Waitress has wheat allergy. Said to get chicken on mashed potatoes.  It was great.

O.H.S.O. I had steak and fries. Two little steak. Too many fries. Salad was a few micro greens. Aeoli sauce was spicy delicious. DOG friendly outdoor room!!!! But our dog was home. They have gf burgers and salads.

2. Both coming here and leaving, we were at the low gate numbers of terminal 4. Trust me. Bring your own food. The brewery has two salads and wings, I asked, but the place is packed and the kitchen looked crazy. Same for cramped little Pei Wei. I eat at one at home, but would never trust this one. Didn't even ask them.

There was a snack place with a gf cookie, and the news store has the usual candy.

I found a vile gf protein shake, which I'll have with my own tuna pack, pea crisps and almonds....brought from home. I even have a remaining half of canyon Bakehouse bread in my tote, but I'll save that for the next leg of my journey.  It's even harder to get gf where my next son lives.

So the website you get when you google gf at Phoenix airport is right when it has a short list of baked goods before TSA, and zilch at the gates.

My son flies out of here a lot. He and kept saying I'd find food here, but he's not gluten free. Or the food is at another terminal.

3. If there's a contest, I would still nominate our home port....PHL in Philly as the best ever airport for gf food, especially Legal Seafoods between B and C in the Marketplace. We always eat there before flying out, and if we only have carry-on, when we return home.

Sent from my iPhone