From:
Dimitrios Douros <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dimitrios Douros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2015 02:43:13 +0000

     Just picked up a container of Thompson raisins at Whole Foods.I wanted to check the nutritional info. on the package and I was
greeted with the message:
         "MAY CONTAIN PEANUTS, TREE NUTS, MILK, EGGS,
                                   WHEAT AND SOY"
     Now we ALL know for a certain fact, as certain as the fact thatthe sun will rise tomorrow morning, that there is NO WHEAT or soyor eggs or milk in or on those raisins ... WE ALL KNOW THAT, RIGHT?
     What we have here is the unfortunate combination of an overly
litigious society and a celiac community that looks for and wants to
complain about gluten in everything and often enough calls wheata toxin or poison! A celiac community that just this week started a
petition against a tongue-in-cheek, very funny, NASCAR commercial
that took a swipe at a whole bunch of things including the undeniable,
non-celiac-related, GF fad of late! A petition over that ... really?

                                     REALLY ???????
      Both my son and I are celiacs and as the rest of all celiacs weneed GF choices and we would like them to taste better thancardboard. For my part I see the petition and the too many, recurringflare ups over the 'produced on line shared with wheat items' label,gluten free soaps, gluten free eyeliner, gluten free kitty litter, gluten free
nail polish, as 'clear and present dangers' to my and my son'squality of life as celiacs. All these extreme, hear-say, unfounded,unscientific attacks on the food industry are causing most of thatindustry to slap a CYA label on everything they make so they can'tget sued. And if that means that my raisins warm me that they mayhave wheat and force me to wander about it, so be it!
     We have become our own worst enemies and if we don't get
reasonable and change our tack we will have to keep eating cardboard
and we'll know who to blame.
Dimitrios
  See the world in proper perspective: www.petersmap.com

*******