Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:33:21 -0400
From:
Pattie Reagan <[log in to unmask]>

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the late summary regarding NY ComicCon/Javitz Center. I received two relevant responses. One person recommended Nizza in Midtown.

The second response was this: The closest restaurant (and I think the best choice) is Friedman’s it’s at 31st between 6th and 7th Avenues (132 W 31st St)  It’s primarily gluten free - meaning almost the entire menu is GF.  Everyone is educated.  You can order on-line or go there before the conference - i think they are open at 8a. 212-971-9400.  Don Antonio’s for Pizza - after the conference is 309 West 50th.  At 8th Avenue.

So, nothing very close by to run out for a quick bite.

The food at NYCC is whatever the Javitz offers, which were a few food counters downstairs in the food court.  The one Mexican Food counter told my son that their fillings were gluten free, but their taco bowl was not. So he ordered the fillings and ate that.  I stuck with what I brought.

NYCC had three specialty food trucks outside, but nothing was gluten free.  Their website suggested bringing a refillable water bottle and snacks, because food lines are long and food and waters are expensive. That is what we did and it worked well.  NYCC was a great time -- even though it was very crowded, it was very well run and all the myriad of people were polite and courteous. The cosplay was unbelievable and in my opinion the best part.  It is a special experience. It is a long day, and if you get there first thing in the morning and plan on staying till the end of the day, you can absolutely take time out to go to Nizza or another place nearby for a meal, and then head back for the evening festivities.  We saw a lot of people doing that.

I hope this is helpful to future NYCC attendees or anyone going to the Javitz Center.

Pattie