From:
Victoria Zunitch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victoria Zunitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2012 12:19:58 -0400

Hi all - After the first summary was published, I received more
comments from people who had missed the original post.
More people again made more recommendations on the suspicion that I
still don't have the best solution for my migraines, which is truly
appreciated. However, the suggestions ranged from "more calcium, try
eating more dairy" to "eliminate dairy." There were suggestions that
more vitamin D, magnesium and B1 or B12 would help, as well as
suggestions to supplement with zinc and other nutrients.
This kind of strengthened my hunch that celiac malabsorption is
associated with migraines - there is so much knowledge among
neurologists that this, that or the other deficiency can trigger
migraines.
Although the results of this listserve discussion show that the
particular nutrient "cures" are all over the map, this discussion may
yet indicate that the nutrient malabsorption associated with celiac is
in fact a migraine trigger...but that individual body composition,
genetic factors or dietary differences may determine exactly which
migraine-significant nutrients are the cause for that person.
One person thanked me because she made a connection with cravings for
steak associated with her migraines, and another simply expressed
sympathy for my experience (5 migraines a week) and congratulations
for having found my trigger. How kind!