From:
Karen Cockrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:48:37 -0500

Sorry to be so long getting a summary done.  Holidays interfered with  my
good intentions.  Thanks to everyone who responded.  Bottom line is  that
most people said that HEB does stock some gluten free items, and most of  them
try to point them out with brown shelf labels.  So I'll keep looking  at our
local HEB.
Several people also suggested Sprouts and I did get to the Sprouts in
McAllen.  It's worth the drive, as I found lots of items that I use and  some I
hadn't seen before.  I picked up some mixes and will go back to  baking my
own cornbread, biscuits and muffins.

To those who suggested Brownsville, I will certainly check out some
suggestions there when we make the drive to Brownsville.

I got a website for a gluten free site for Central Texas GF which I will
try soon.

Thanks to the person who mentioned the LIttle Aussie Bakery in San
Antonio.  I have eaten there but did not know that they would ship their  products.
 That's definitely on my list!

I do order Kinnikinnick products on line and like them very much.  The
last time I ordered, they were out of their personal pizza crusts, which I had
not tried.  But I found them at Sprouts and will be making a pizza
tonight.

You're all great and I appreciate your help.

Karen
in Texas