From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:30:09 -0500

Just sharing

Today, I bought a package of Feel Good Foods Vegetable Egg Rolls....Three frozen ones in a box.  Since I've been on a diet to lose weight and control diabetes... a lifestyle change for the past two years, that involves avoiding high-glycemic foods, this was a rare treat.

I find fried egg rolls have a different consistency, but baked in the oven is certainly healthier...and the directions on the box say to bake.

Bottom line...I'd buy them again.  They had shrimp egg rolls and I think shrimp pot stickers at Shop-Rite, where I bought them, but I don't bring shellfish (or pork) into my house, so I stuck with vegetable egg rolls, knowing they aren't officially kosher.

Yes, there's one of those warnings on the box about being made in a facility that handles wheat, but the testimony from the woman who owns the company, and how it got started, was enough for me to take the risk.

Not bad.  For an occasional treat.  Certainly much less work and much less oil (i.e. less calories) than when I make them myself with rice wrappers.

(I have no connection to the company.)