From:
Lisa Marie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Marie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:49:25 -0800

Dear List-mates!

I was recently in Sarasota to visit for a week. I was amazed at all the places to eat around the area and wanted to share the joy!! I'm new to Celiac so for me to walk in somewhere and be able to eat without feeling "worried" was pure happiness!

If you live near the are or ever visit look up the following places:

Mattisons 41- It looks pricy from the outside but the prices are reasonable. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was amazing!

Dutch Valley -We went here for breakfast every day. I was able to enjoy Gluten free waffles that tasted amazing!

Beckhams on the Trail- We ate here three times last week. The burgers were wonderful and on a G-free bun!

Each of the above places gave me my very own G-free menu. That was excitement in itself!

The GLUTEN FREE Bakery. This is located in a plaza with an ice cream shop and a New Balance store. I basically stocked up on breads and cookie dough! I actually left a ton of clothes (and cleaned out my husbands suitcase!) in order to pack some goodies to take home on the plane. I'm lucky to have snow-bird parents who will go down every few months and take my order to bring goodies back. I have tried several cookie and pizza dough but this Gluten free bakery actually gave me hope again about having yummy items to eat! I'n not much of a cook so this comes in handy for me.

I wanted to pass this information along to everyone in case you are ever in the area or if you live around there -take a drive to explore! I live in Ohio and I feel that the Gluten free grove has not caught on yet. It makes me sad and hopefully soon more places will open and more menus will be offered!

Happy Holidays!

Lisa
Cleveland Ohio

"Loving life is truly richest life you can have"

*******
*******