Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2013 14:55:36 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
Mike Jones <[log in to unmask]>

Posted for [log in to unmask]

Good afternoon, Listmates!

I had posted a comment on Williams-Sonoma Facebook page regarding my extreme
disappointment that the GF cake mixes were no longer available.  I explained
that I had raved about them to the ListServe and only to find that the mixes
are no longer available.  This puzzles me as I have two cupcake mixes which
I was informed are on backorder and will be shipped at the end of the month.
This would seem to indicate that the mixes are just temporarily unavailable.
Williams-Sonoma asked for more information and so I replied with an email.
Below you will find their response.  I can only hope that the mixes will
again be offered.  I hope that those of you who expressed interest in the
mixes will invest some of your hard-earned money into trying one or more.  I
have received only one negative comment about the mixes from a member of the
ListServe.  Everyone else raved about them as well as the brownie mix.  It
is now day four since I baked the red velvet cake and it is still moist,
light with absolutely no graininess when eaten.  After 20 years of trying
other cake mixes as well as flour mixtures, I never thought I would find
something that would be so totally unrecognizable as a GF cake.  If you sign
up at Williams-Sonoma for email alerts, they often have special deals on
certain types of products and very often offer free shipping.  I purchased
some of my mixes for as little as $4.00 with no shipping costs.  The mix
makes a two-layer cake so this make them even cheaper than the grocery-store
available Betty Crocker mixes.  Let me make it clear that I am not berating
the Betty Crocker mixes.  I am thrilled to be able to find GF cake, brownie,
and cookie mixes as well as cookie dough, pie dough and pizza dough
ready-made in my grocery store.  However, the Williams-Sonoma mixes are the
champagne of the cake world while Betty's are more of the classy wine
category.  :>) As some members wrote and suggested - I have tried the
Williams-Sonoma all purpose bake mix - Cup 4 Cup.  It produced remarkable
waffles much like those made from my grandmother's wheat-based recipe.  So,
in my humble opinion, this flour mix is also worth the investment.

I again apologize to everyone who tried to find the much-endorsed cake
mixes.  For the benefit of us all, I hope they return.  In the meantime,
Williams-Sonoma does have GF muffin mixes, pie crust mix and the Cup 4 Cup
flour mixture available.  Save your pennies and try one or more.  I think
you will be as impressed as I.

Thank you all and happy GF lifestyle!
EmmaJane

*******