From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2012 19:20:41 -0400

I received about a dozen responses....fast.  (THANKS). Here are the key ones.  (I had to laugh when one response said her jury is still out, because also gave us napalm, Agent Orange, and pesticide resistant weeds and bugs. But, that being said, my jury is still out, too. What I like is that DOW is getting on the bandwagon.  I just prefer natural stuff. )

Lin

From a listmate:

.....Here is a link to the Dow website for their "Solutionism" story about their gluten replacement product.

http://www.dow.com/solutionism/gluten-replacement.htm

When Great Ideas Rise

Gluten sensitivity affects many people around the world. Learn how Dow has developed a plant-based cellulose that mimics gluten attributes and helps gluten-free bread, pasta and dough taste more like the real thing......

Other listmates say it's Wellence. Here are two sites about it.

http://www.dow.com/products/market/nutrition/product-line/wellence/

http://www.dow.com/dowwolff/en/food_nutrition/healthy/gluten_free.htm

Another said she got on the Dow site, and you can order their cellulose product, free sample, and bake gf with it. Sounds safe and interesting. Unilever is their distributor in USA.
*******
*******