From:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:44:11 -0400

Here is the summary of the responses that I got.  Thanks so much, and Happy St. Paddy's day!
Jan

1.  Grobbels is gf and says so on the label. I get it at Bloom.

2.  I just did a quick Google search and found these.  Of course, you'll have to double check with the manufacture for cross contamination and read the label of ingredients and allergy warnings.  Ingredients change so often.

Wegmans (major grocery store chain)
Bill Bailey's Irish

3.  I haven't found any that do have gluten in them!

I have been gluten-free for 12 years (and I still read all the labels), and I have never had any problem finding corned beef.

4.  Whole Foods had their own in their meat case - seasoned.  It is GF.

5.
per celiac.com

Brookfield Farms
Colorado Premium - all corned beef products
Cook's
Freirich - all corned beef
Giant Eagle
Grobbel's Gourmet corned beef briskets
Hormel
Libby's Canned Meats (Corned Beef and Corned Beef Hash)
Market Day: Corned Beef Brisket
Mosey's corned beef
Nathan's corned beef
Safeway, Butchers cut bulk-wrapped corned beef brisket, corn beef brisket, vac-packed cooked corn beef
Thuman’s cooked corn beef brisket, first cut corned beef (cooked and raw), top round corned beef (cooked), cap and capless corned beef
Wegmans corned beef brisket.
6.  Costco carries a brand that is marked gluten free on the front of the package.

7.  Just had one purchased at Aldi, Cattlemens Ranch is the brand and it said gluten free right on the package.

8.  boar's head says gf on it

9.  Dietz and Watson corn-beef brisket

10.  Colorado Premium says GF right on the label.  I think most Corned Beef is GF though.

11.  I don't know of any that are NOT !

Bob Levy
Bob & Ruth's Gluten-free Dining & Travel Club

12.
I believe that trader joes has one

13.  Crown Corned Beef Brisket. Kosher Style
No Chemical tenderizers added. No MSG. Gluten Free
I don't know where you are located, but I bought this, for the first time, at my Publix Supermarket,
which is throughout the South. (including South Carolina southward)

14.  Freirich states gluten free right on the package

*******
*******