Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:07:16 -0600
From:
Helen Aqua <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:

Hi all,

I ordered a case of the "special run" for Passover quinoa from the Quinoa Corporation, in order to have a supply of guaranteed gluten free quinoa. If you missed the previous message about this, it has been discovered that quinoa is grown in Bolivia and sometimes a barley growing field is right next to the quinoa growing field, and also sometimes container bags that had contained barley are used for quinoa. Just as iffy as how oats are grown, it seems to me.

The special processing run was initiated by Star K, a kosher designation organization to provide a source of quinoa acceptable for Passover use, and which benefits celiacs as well as those celebrating Passover by eating no gluten for the holiday period (8 days).

Anyway, I just got my order and, surprise, surprise nothing at all on the boxes of quinoa indicate they contain the special run product or that the product is acceptable for Passover (next to the Star K logo there should have been the letter "P".

I have contacted Star K and my local kosher organization that recommended I could buy this special run product, so I will advise the listserve when I have answers from them. Frankly, I don't personally want to use the product I've received and expect to receive my money back after which I will donate the 12 packages to a food bank. My emailed invoice did state that I had purchased 12 packages of the special run. There was no copy of that invoice with the order.

Helen