From:
J Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Aug 2011 14:10:05 -0500

Traveling to Oahu this week. I’ve searched websites and archives and found lots of old info, as well as a good number of chain restaurant listings in Honolulu. Does anyone have any non-chain recommendations for Honolulu? Also can not find anything for the North Shore. Any rec’s for Hale’iwa/Pipeline/North Shore area?

Anyone have experience eating at La Mariana? Also, my teen is dying for shave ice. Besides not getting it in a cone, are they mostly safe? Is there anything I should be specifically be checking for? Like do some come with ice cream in the bottom that I’d need to be concerned about?

Thanks,
Julie