Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 20:09:12 -0400

Thank you to everyone who responded to my earlier post. From the requests to summarize the results, this is obviously a topic with lots of interest.

I can tell you from the responses that individuals react to medications differently and there is no one answer. People respond to medications differently and therefore the medications need to be evaluated on an individual basis. There was mention of a natural alternative to the marketed hypothyroid drugs and that is Armour which is made from pigs thyroid. This drug is also said to be not as effective but, again, I think it should be evaluated on an individual basis.

Most people also commented that their bone density has actually increased since being on the medication and one person responded saying that the bone loss only occurs when the dosage is incorrect.

All drugs to seem to be gluten-free but I would still check with the drug manufacturer in case ingredients change.

Again, thank you to everyone who responded. I hope this summary proves beneficial to others as well.

Sarah
Bethel, CT