Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:43:36 -0400
From:
Chili Head <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:

Out of my personal price range, as well as geographical area -- but
I'm pretty sure there are a lot of NY members in this group, so I
thought I'd pass this information along.  (Please do not write to me
with questions, as I am just passing on the information from a
newsletter I receive -- for more info, the registration website is:   http://tinyurl.com/ydfnvh7
  )

I did come across a YouTube video with (I assume to be) the same chef
who is teaching this course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mORaLnWru44

... and another link that is an interview with him:
http://www.theglutenfreelifestyle.com/interviewcoppedge.html

(Just my opinion ... for a 2-day course from the CIA, the price
actually seems kind of reasonable!)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Gluten-free baking for today's chef

How do you accommodate customers who are gluten sensitive? It's one of
the challenges foodservice professionals face every day. Make plans to
join the two-day specialty course Gluten-Free Baking at The Culinary
Institute of America this April. You will learn a variety of recipes
and techniques for delicious baked goods that don't sacrifice flavor
or texture.

 From THE CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA

~~~~~ Gluten-Free Baking ~~~~~

Many customers these days have dietary restrictions, and one of the
more traditionally challenging ones to accommodate has been a gluten-
free diet. Not anymore! Using the techniques of the CIA’s own Richard
Coppedge, you can now create fresh-baked, gluten-free treats that
don’t sacrifice flavor or texture. In this course, you will:
	• Learn to prepare favorites such as yeast-raised breads and
pastries, cookies, brownies, cakes, pies, quiche, and pizza.
	• Discover how to create sweet and savory recipes straight from the
pages of Gluten-Free Baking.
	• Discuss and use unique gluten-free flour blends.
	• Learn tips for working with and storing gluten-free baked goods.

Participants will receive a copy of Chef Coppedge’s Gluten-Free Baking.

Please note that the emphasis of this class is gluten-free baking;
other dietary needs will not be addressed.

Course Section	Register Now!
Term:	FY10
Schedule Number:	6475
Instructor(s):	Staff
Location:	HYDE PARK, NY
Dates:	Apr. 20 & 21, 2010 (Tue. & Wed., 7 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
Units:	1.2 CEUs
Required Fees:	Tuition	$378.00