Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 01:07:31 -0400

If you can afford it, I highly recommend New York City.  It has an endless list of restaurants with Gluten Free menus and an active Celiac community. One of the best ways to find GF restaurants in the city is to read the message boards of the NYC Meet-up group or attend one of the meet-ups. It is a very active and supportive community.  Some of my favorites are:
   Pala Pizza (www.palapizza.com)
   Nizza (nizzanyc.com)
   Baby Cakes (www.babycakesnyc.com)
   Freidmans' Lunch (www.friedmanslunch.com)
   and if you are looking to splurge all of Mario Batali's restaurants (Babbo, Del Posto, ...) have GF menus.

You can get everything from Gluten free pasta, pizza or a deli sandwich. In addition, there are several Whole Fooda and Trader Joes which has an extensive selection of GF Food. I also recommend the 2 New York based stores:
   Westerly Natural Market (www.westerlynaturalmarket.com)
   Fairway (www.fairwaymarket.com)

Cheers,
Kendra