From:
Paulette Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paulette Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2011 08:33:51 -0800

Has anyone had a rash called "pityrasis rubra pilaris" after accidentally ingesting gluten after years of being gluten free?
I was gluten free and mistakenly was taking a vit b-12 that had gluten in it and about two weeks later developed a rash.  I stopped the pills when i searched for a gluten source in my diet, ...but the rash did not go away.  Instead it started on the back of my scalp and has now covered most of my body.  The doctors say it has nothing to do with celiac, (even though the one of the  biopsy results came back as "dermatitis herpitforms")  They say ist just a random rare rash.  Anyone out there have any experience like this?
Thanks