From:
lena braun <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lena braun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:32:26 -0400

Just want to let you know about a great experience I had at The Black Bamboo
Chinese restaurant in West Hartford, CT. It's a tiny restaurant - mostly
takeout - with two tables for eating in. The food is very fresh and high
quality (many of the vegetables are organic). The friendly, articulate owner
introduced himself to us, shook our hands, and explained that the food is
prepared to order and most dishes can be made gluten free.  They have gluten
free tamari that they use when needed in their cooking as well as gluten
free soy sauce packets for takeout.  I liked their large selection of
vegetarian options. Our food was delicious, and we fed three hungry diners
for $23.  Here is a link to their menu with their address and phone number:
http://myblackbamboo.com/site/Black_Bamboo_Menu.pdf  The owner is in the
process of writing up a separate gluten free menu, but, in the meantime,
just tell them what you'd like and they'll let you know if they can make it
gluten free. By the way, they use potato starch instead of cornstarch which
may be helpful for people who also have a corn intolerance.

*******
*******