From:
Barbara Fudge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barbara Fudge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:11:39 -0500

I am very sorry but I got confused and sent my Summary for Knee Pain in the wrong way.  I will try one more time.

I got 37 answers to my request for help with knee pain and I would like to thank everyone so very much.  I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to know that when I have problems there are so many wonderful people out there that are willing to help.  It gives you a great sense of security to have the answers for your problems.  I think I needed to make three summaries because there is so much information (for which I am very grateful) so be sure to also read Summary for Knee Pain - Part 2, and also Part 3.

I guess I left something out of my original request that I should have included.  Several people thought I was probably allergic to shellfish and that had caused my problem when I had to go to the emergency room.  I live in northwest Florida on the coast and for 30 years I have eaten lots and lots of seafood and shellfish and have had no problems until I ate the ones from Thailand that I bought in a chain grocery.  More than one person suggested that they are raised on farms and perhaps fed something that contains wheat. - One person thought the seafood may have been a little bit spoiled.  A few years after diagnosis he found himself hypersensitive to even slightly spoiled food which others ate and didn't get sick.  It caused a lot of vomiting and problems.

Several people suggested different brands of Glucosamine or places to buy them:  Some thought that all glucosamines were derived from shellfish and others gave me information about some that were not:  - a plant derived glucosamine called Mona Vie was one -There was a suggestion to look online at iherb for a vegetarian glucosamine. - Thorne makes a seafood-free glucosamine that can be gotten from doctors, pharmacies, or on line. - Glucosamine HC1 can be bought at Sam's.  - You can buy shelfish-free glucosamine on Amazon.  It is called Glucosamine Hyaluronic Acid Chondroitin MSM. - Jamieson Arthrimin Effervescent Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM/Hyaluronic Acid is shellfish-free and has worked well for one person.  She suggests taking it 'between' meals because the sodium bicarbonate in it can reduce the stomach acids that are necessary to digest meals. - It was suggested that I try Solger Extra Strength Glucosamine MSM and that I check their website for a local retailer. - NOW glucosamine w/ chondroitin was also suggested.

                          See Summary for Knee Pain - Part 2