From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2010 14:45:36 -0500

Today was a first.  The San Antonio Express News Sunday edition comes
bagged, and sometimes there is a sample or coupons attached to the plastic
bag encasing the very large newspaper.

There is a box of Honey Nut Chex, and a box of Trix.  Interesting that the
Chex says Gluten Free on it, but the Trix Swirls does not.  It does not list
any gluten ingredients, and does not have the allergy disclaimer on it.  I
think many people would consider this safe to eat, but I curious as to why
they would have put these two together in the sampler bag.  I would assume
Trix is not made on a dedicated line, but will leave it to someone who wants
to eat Trix to research it.

The coupon that came in the bag has $1.00 off, and shows five flavors of
Chex that are now labeled GF.  Cinnamon, Chocolate, Corn, Honey Nut, and
Rice Chex.  I am wondering if this special was only in my neighborhood, or
if it was also in other cities.  It seems only yesterday that no one knew
what GF meant.

Anne and Joe Barfield
Chicken Paradise GF B&B
 <http://www.chickenparadise.com/> www.chickenparadise.com