From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:16:07 -0400

After my earlier dialogue with Rabbi Kestenbaum about my confusion about the labeling of this year's Oat Matzah, which I shared with the list, I asked him to please clarify why he told me that this year's matzah is not advertised as gluten-free, but the product is still promoted at his website:  http://www.glutenfreeoatmatzos.com/fibre.html . While I feel bad to have pressed him for an open answer, that's the price vendors pay when they market their products to the gluten-free world. And this explains why the oats could test at 5ppm and the matzah at 80ppm. As he points out, though, he's not doing this for profit. It was not my intention to humiliate the man or hurt his business. But at least, the explanation is clear, and those few of you who need gf matzah can make up your own minds.

I will thank him for his honesty. Lin

Begin forwarded message: