From:
Paul Graven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Graven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:48:16 -0400

Hello-

I wanted to note that anyone with questions about the Gluten-Free Naturals recall is encouraged to call me (Paul Graven) at 866-761-6147.

I also wanted to note a few things.

1. The problem originated at the provider of our soy flour. Since we were farther down the chain, three GFN Foods products were affected: Pancake Mix, Cookie Blend and Yellow Cake Mix. We have switched our source of soy flour as a precaution.

2. We have not received any reports of anyone getting ill as a result of the products being recalled. If the product is consumed after being prepared as directed (i.e.: cooked or baked), there is essentially no risk of salmonella. The risk of salmonella (if present)would be if mix were eaten directly from the bag or as a batter or dough (which would likely contain raw egg as well).

3. If you possess product affected by this recall, please contact me and we will make arrangements for replacement product. We are blending new product now and that is expected to be available in the next 10 days.

4. This affects only Pancake, Yellow Cake and Cookie Blend. The other five products we make do not contain this soy flour and are not subject to recall or any other action.

On the Home page and News page of our website, we have more information: www.gfnfoods.com.

We want you all to know that we took these actions as a precaution, and that we want to ensure that our customers are comfortable with our products. We will do whatever we can for that to happen.

We deeply appreciate all of our customers and hope that you will stick with us as we nagivate our way through this.

Thank you,

Paul Graven
GFN Foods, LLC
866-761-6147