Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:10:38 -0400

I asked for information regarding buying food and GF restaurants in the St.Petersburg, Fl area.
Here are the responses I received:

~Columbia in Tampa also has a gf menu. All their paellas (signature dish) are gf and all I've had were wonderful. I think Udi's is sold at a store there but I'm not sure of the name. If it's in the area, you can find the store info on the Udi's website (www.udisglutenfree.com) as they have a store locator on the site now.

~Nature's Path in Clearwater is a great store for GF foods.

~A good source of information is the local Celiac Support Group of Pinellas
County.  Their website is:
https://www.celiacsprueofpinellas.org/

~contact the Gluten Intolerance Group (GIG) to see what they might have for contacts in the Saint Petersburg area

~Can't help with shopping, but you might tell him to venture over to Tampa to Viitals Specialty Bakery for a gf sandwich, cupcake or cookie. www.viitals.com. The bakery is completely gf and the paninis are incredible

~The easiest places for him to shop will be Publix and Winn-Dixie.  I live in The Villages, Florida and we have four Publix grocery stores; each store has different products.  We have a Winn-Dixie that is really starting to bring  GF food such as the Ians, etc.  Both stores are well known in the area and are regular grocery stores.  Good luck!!