From:
Sandy Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2009 14:55:57 EDT

Thanks so much for all your help and good wishes.  I know I will be  eating
a lot of fresh veggie, salads, fruit,etc.

SUMMMARY:

Most restaurants are aware of CD but always tell the waiter/waitress as
tour guide might forget  Chefs will understand the problems.  Carry
restaurant cards in Hebrew and Arabic.
Grocery stores have lots of products but ingredients are listed in Hebrew
or Arabic and the ingredients are not the same as back home.  Bli Chita
means "no wheat'   They do not use all the fillers and unknowns  that
goes into our food here

Take single packages of dry soups, health bars small thermos for hot  water
a reusable cup and spoon/fork

Problem with pseudo dairy products but meats and spices are straight
forward.

Breakfast stayed with dairy meals fresh fruit and honey or the Israelli
breakfast eggs, potatoes salads and vegetables. Lunch salads, humus baba.
ganoush    Ask for separate bowls or take yours first before others  dip pita
into them.

GF pita in the Natural Choice Bakery in Jerusalem

Bakery in Ra'anana

New magazine Delight Gluten Free last fall  had travel section on  Israel
_www.delightgfmagazine.com_ (http://www.delightgfmagazine.com)

Great links:
Israel Coeliac Society _www.celiac.org.il_ (http://www.celiac.org.il)   or
_www.celiac.co.il_ (http://www.celiac.co.il) .  Phone number  972-3-6781481
For English  listings of restaurants.  Hebrew and Arabic  restaurant cards
 Useful information and tips.  Lists of Shops  selling  gf products etc

And last but not least I was told by Vic not to forget the halavah and
wonderful oranges

Thanks so much for all your help I can't wait to visit Israel

L'Shanah Tovah
Wishing you a New Year Filled With Health and  Happiness

Sandy in NJ

Sandy