Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2010 23:29:26 EST

Hello all,  Here is a summary of responses on travel to Santa  Rosa, CA and
surrounding area:

I very highly recommend the Vietnamese resturant "Zadin's" in the Castro
in
San Francisco.  On 18th Street about a block east of  Castro.
Many many gf options and the food tastes great.
Our support group leader has compiled a list of gluten-free restaurants.
Just check with Jennifer. Her email address follows:
[log in to unmask]  We also have a web site  www.northbayceliacs.org
PF Chang's in Broadway Plaza, Walnut Creek has a gluten free menu and the
food and service are excellent... Any Trader Joe's or Whole Food's Markets
carry  lots of GF foods and treats.

When in the San Francisco area, you might check Whole Foods for the
gluten-free baked goods from Crave Bakery. I think their website is
_www.cravebakery.com_ (http://www.cravebakery.com/) . Safe  travels!
There's a WONDERFUL B&B in Cloverdale, CA, not too far north of Santa  Rosa
that is very familiar with serving celiac guests gourmet 3 course reakfasts
 and also will have a plate of GF cookies for you to snack on in the
evenings.  Google them at www.vintagetowersinn.com.  Misty
also from Misty:
I forgot to tell  you, there's a wonderful Italian restaurant with a real
chef in  Cloverdale.  The name is Peacere, I think, and it is in Main Street.
  He makes all his own soups, and they are to die for!  The pumpkin is SO
good, and the spinach avacado is good, too.  I don't know what he does in
warmer weather.  Of course there's always the choice of soup or  salad.  Just
tell him you are gluten intolerant.

Posted by  Roselyn