C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meir Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:09:11 -0400
From: ZAKA Israel [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: July 27, 2011 10:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ZAKA Jeep Unit Touring With Disabled Children

Can't see this message? Click here to view this message in your browser.
ZAKA JEEP UNIT ON A MISSION OF A DIFFERENT KIND: TAKING DISABLED CHILDREN
OUT FOR A FUN DAY

Volunteers from the ZAKA Jeep Unit with children from
camp Friends For Health
Credit: ZAKA
Earlier this week, the ZAKA Jeep Unit, which normally carries out search and
rescue operations in difficult terrain, could be seen snaking through the
Jerusalem hills, festooned with dozens of balloons, taking sick and disabled
campers on an adventure jeep trail. The children, who attend a special
summer camp run by Friends for Health, enjoyed a fun day out in nature,
thanks to the dedicated volunteers in the ZAKA Jeep Unit.
The fun day included a stop at the Ein Lavan spring in the Jerusalem hills,
where they were hosted by the ZAKA volunteers who had prepared a feast for
them, as well as popular Israeli singer Gad Elbaz who performed an intimate
concert just for the children. The children ended the day with a visit to
the Biblical Zoo in Jerusalem.
According to the Commander of ZAKA’s Special Units Chaim Outmazgin, who
initiated the program: “We decided to devote the unit retreat day to the
sick children, so our volunteers took a day off from work in order to be
with the children today. We are pleased to be able to use our ZAKA jeeps for
such a wonderful cause.”
Singer Gad Elbaz said, “It is an honor to be here with these wonderful
children, making them sing and smile. A young boy, paralyzed from the waist
down and nearly blind, accompanied me with a portable organ as we sang and
cried to Ana Bekoach. I want to thank ZAKA for giving me the opportunity to
be here today.”
Yehuda Meshi Zahav
Chairman and Founder of ZAKA
Donate to ZAKA now

© 2011 American Friends of ZAKA | 1303 53rd Street  #170, Brooklyn, NY 11219
Tel: 718-676-0039 | [log in to unmask] | www.zaka.us | Contact Us
American Friends of ZAKA is an IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) organization (ID
#52-2361970) and as such, donations to it are deductible from United States
taxes. Please speak to your accountant for details.
other ZAKA sites
ZAKA. First on the scene and the last to leave.
www.zaka.us
Please click here to unsubscribe from future ZAKA e-mailings.