From:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Lovegrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 2009 10:22:14 -0500

This episode over the Blue Horizon product should serve as a reminder
that things are not always as they seem. Before you post a message on
an international list read by thousands declaring somebody is lying
about the GF status of a product, you really need to check it out. It
would have been really easy to call the company.

As soon as I saw the post, I said to myself, I'll bet the malt
vinegar is malted from a grain other than barley. Remember that any
grain can be malted. GF beer usually uses malted sorghum and I've
seen malted corn and rice before. Yes, we do need to assume "malt"
means barley because that's what it usually comes from, but that's
not always the case.

I don't know what the original poster got sick from , but it sounds
like it almost certainly wasn't the Blue Horizon product.

richard