From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 19:02:30 -0600
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

Over the holidays my  GF daughter and  GF family made dinner one night using
Patak's Mild Curry Paste.  It says Gluten Free on the label, right after it
says "May contain traces of peanut and tree nuts.  Gluten Free."

 The first night I had a gluten attack about 3am, and thought perhaps it was
caused by something else.  Then, since I was still suffering the second
night, I only ate a bit of the chicken curry, along with some rice for
supper while the rest of them (all gluten free at this house) ate steak and
other good things.  I had the same reaction, but not as strong, starting
about 3 am again.

This is the first time I have used this curry paste.  It is made in the UK,
and distributed by ACH Food Companies.  I have sent them an e-mail asking if
this product is tested for gluten or not.  I am aware that UK has a
different definition of GF, but since my daughter's GF family uses this, I
felt safe enough, until my second reaction!

If you have used and eaten products from Patak's, please let me know what
your experience has been.  I am considering sending this to one of the
testing labs to find out if there is gluten in it.  I know there is a well
respected lab in Iowa, but will have to find it first, and find out what the
expense will be.

I will summarize, if there is helpful information.

Anne Barfield