From:
"Laura B." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura B.
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:35:56 -0400

Hi All,

My daughter's doctor prescribed Zithromax for her (after checking that it was
GF).  The prescription was electronically sent to the pharmacy and I picked it
up.  I didn't see what the doctor prescribed at the end.

I picked up azithromycin at CVS from the doc's prescription and didn't think
twice about it until after I gave it to her and now she is complaining of a
stomach ache (2 hours later).  I looked at the box more carefully - it is the
generic version of Zithromax.

I tried to call Greenstone the manufacturer (part of Pfizer) - but after
navigating through their automated phone line 3 times - I keep getting a
response that they are not accepting calls at this time.

The doctor's office is trying to help (but their computers are down right now).
Does anyone have any experience with Azithromycin - for Oral Suspension 200
mg per 5ml?

Thanks.  I see that the drug free list that someone sent around last week
claims it is GF - but I also found a couple of products that I know the drug
manufacturers do not stand behind a GF claim - so I just want to double
check.

Regards,
Laura