From:
Julianne Karow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:43:45 -0400

I received responses from three people to my question if Coppertone Suntan Lotion and Off Bug Spray are gluten free...

**? When I called last year customer service told me that Skintastic family care insect repellent OFF was gluten free.

?

?

**? Probably, but there is a big article on www.mercola.com about how 3/4 of the commercial sunscreens do not give the full SPF factor they advertise, and some of the chemicals commonly used in them are dangerous to the skin, maybe even a cancer risk.

http://v.mercola.com/blogs/public_blog/the-sunscreen-myth--how-sunscreen-products-actually-promote-cancer-22358.aspx

?

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/02/natural-insect-repellant.aspx

I have found alot of helpful information on his website.

?

?

**? As far as I know, what is put on the skin gets absorbed into the blood stream, but not the digestive system, so neither should be a problem.?

?

I do know I'm VERY sensitive to gluten and have not had a problem with Neutrogena sun screen or DEET.? I've used Off without a problem, although since I live in the Sierra and hike to places with mosquitoes so thick you can barely see the person 6 feet in front of you, I usually use 100% DEET.

Thanks for all that responded.
Julianne