From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:41:23 -0500

Got a good response on recipe.  It's been bery popular for over fifteen years

One person asked if she could use honey instead of sugar.  I do not think so.  This is a crisp delicate cookie and the honey would make it thin and heavy.  But try it out to see if you like if.  Remember if you do sub honey for sugar, cut the amt in half. You are also supposed to cut moisture but since there is no moisute per se in recipe, this may be a problem

Someone asked about sunflower seed butter.  Sounds great.  I would add 1/2 teas cinnamon.   Cyrstalized ginger would go really well with that, along with macademia butter. Yummy.

Another person asked me about sub brown sugar for white.  I'm not crazy about that...it throws off the taste.  I would sub brown sugar for about 1/4 of the total sugar.  Or, at the most half.

The mail thing with these cookies is NOT to let the edges brown...if it browns, it is burnt.   Watch your oven carefully. Mine bakes them at about 12 min...and let them sit for 2 min to firm up.