From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:35:16 EST

Greetings & Happy Valentine's Day,

This coming Tuesday evening, February 19, come join a room full of your
celiac friends. Our mission is to better manage our diets and have a good time
doing it!

Guest Speaker: Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD, is the Executive Director of the
Gluten Intolerance Group of North America.

Cynthia will be sharing the latest on the GIG marquis programs: Gluten Free
Restaurant Awareness Program (GFRAP) and Gluten Free Certification
Organization  (GFCO). Learn about the work that is being done to give you faith and
confidence  that "what you eat is what you get!?"

Where: Group Health Hospital in Redmond, WA at 2700 152 Ave NE. Go to
conference room #318 on third floor. From main entrance, walk left (west) to
elevators and take one to 3rd floor. Exiting elevator turn left (going south).  Go
around corner and we are on your right (room 318).

When: 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Directions: Drive Highway 520 to the 148th Ave. N.E. South Exit and stay in
the left lane.
At the light turn south/right onto 148th Ave. N.E. (staying  in the left lane)
Take the first east/left onto N.E. 24th St. (Sears store is  on your right.)
At the second light turn north/left onto 152nd Ave.  N.E.
Approximately 300 feet ahead, turn right into the Group Health Eastside
Campus and follow the signs to parking. Enter the hospital at the main entrance
and walk west to the elevators.

Bulletin Board:
1. If you are not a member please join now -- Gluten  Intolerance Group (GIG)
of North America to show support. _www.gluten.net_ (http://www.gluten.net)
You can join on-line, and you  will start receiving the quarterly journal. GIG
phone is 253-833-6655.

2. April 8th: Joint meeting with the SnoKing Celiac Support Group to hear
Ron Hoggan, co-author of the book Dangerous Grains. This will be a great
meeting. Buy the book in paperback. Ron's co-author is Dr. James Braly, M.D. and
the forward was written by our own local Dr. Jonathan V. Wright, M.D. (There
will be a very lite cost to defray Mr. Hoggan's travel expense.)

3. May 9-11: Canadian Celiac Assoc Conf in Victoria, B.C.
_www.VictoriaCeliac.org_ (http://www.VictoriaCeliac.org) . Go for all or  part. $225 for full
conference and includes meals on Saturday and Sunday.  (Friday night is trade
show--can you say free food?)

4. June 6-7: GIG 2008 Annual Education Conference at Irving, Texas.
Go  to _www.gluten.net_ (http://www.gluten.net)  for details and
registration information.

5. New GF food Supplies that have made themselves known ---
a. _www.tastelikerealfood.com_ (http://www.tastelikerealfood.com)  These are
mixes imported from Norway.

b. _www.sirjj.com_ (http://www.sirjj.com)  This is Skin Care that  is GF,
organic and chemical free; especially baby care.

c. _www.ceraproductsinc.com˙_ (http://www.ceraproductsinc.com˙)   This is GF
sports drinks.

6. New Resource: _www.smartbrief.com/dhsb/?campaign=gig_
(http://www.smartbrief.com/dhsb/?campaign=gig)   This is the Digestive Health SmartBrief
e-newsletter.

Hmmm ... Be happy, be healthy, be g-f.

Please do not respond to this message.

For more information on this group contact:

T. Earl Ley, Facilitator

Awards. Go to AOL Music.