From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:42:51 -0700

Dear Listmates,

The bread recipe that was posted on this site was the inspiration for the
breadstick experiment that I just completed. Many thanks to one of the
members who gave me some tips because she had actually been to the
restaurant that the New York Times featured.

I chose to make pizza flavored breadsticks as we had sampled an excellent Dr
Schar pizza cracker in Barcelona that has some of the same ingredients. You
can find the breadstick recipe here: <http://tinyurl.com/28wcco>*
http://tinyurl.com/28wcco *. *The first attempt at breadsticks was pretty
successful. My batch was a little resinous, so in the posted recipe I cut
back on the herbs de provence. If you dont' have herbs de provence, just
make a mixture of the Mediterranean herbs like oregano, thyme, rosemary,
marjoram, tarragon or follow a recipe on the internet. Next time I make the
recipe I would also increase the amount of Parmesan cheese or go for a
Romano/Parmesan blend. I might also add garlic to the breadsticks because a
day without garlic is a day without sunshine [or something like that].*

*Why did I not follow the recipe from the New York Times? You'll have to
click through to my write-up to find out.

Please let me know if you have questions or comments.

Vic-Sunnyvale, CA

*
 **Because of the idiosyncrasies of ICORS, the listowners advise the use
www.tinyurl.com to produce a less complex string of characters that most
people's browsers and email systems can handle. In my case, this opens to
http://home.comcast.net/~vhdolcourt/bread/*
*