From:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:41:55 -0600

Every year I prepare a holiday meat list -- it was just updated last week.  All companies were either called or emailed or I got info from their website.
I hope that someone finds this helpful.

Have a Very Happy GF Thanksgiving,
Barbara

Cooks (800-332-8400) Per Lynette, all hams have no Gluten
***** Any Con Agra product will list wheat, rye or barley on the ingredients statement.

Hillshire Farms (800-328-2426) Per Carlene,

In response to your inquires, Sara Lee takes quality and allergens very seriously. All of our ingredients are listed on the packaging. We recommend to always read our labels. If the product contains any gluten. It would be listed on our ingredient label. In addition, if we change ingredients in our products, the changes would be reflected on the label.

Honeybaked Hams & Turkeys (800-367-7720) per phone call to Lisa in customer service.

***** All turkeys and hams are GF.  Glaze no longer contains gluten.

Hormel Cure 81 -- (800-523-4635) GF per website  (www.hormel.com) (See below for Hormel GF List)

***** BLACK LABEL® Canned Hams
       CURE 81® Ham: Bone-in, Boneless, Old Fashioned Spiral

Smithfield  Per Bonnie King via email

***** "Most of Smf products are gluten-free. Hams, Sausages, Bacon, Picnics, Loins-with the exception of honey or bbq marinated items.

Products which do contain gluten.

      Honey Barbecue Flavored Products

      Precooked Beef Patties, Cheeseburger Patties, and Bacon Cheeseburger Patties

      Precooked Entrees (Beef, Pork and Chicken)

      Stuffed Pork Chops

      Lykes Brand Red Hots (Sausage Product)

*****   All of our spiral sliced hams and glazed hams (both honey glaze and brown sugar glaze) are gluten-free.

*****   There is no gluten in the casing used on our hams or on any of

                        our other products.

*****   Natural Flavorings consist of Rosemary - no gluten.

*****   Our pork broth consists of dehydrated, powdered pork stock with water, salt, sodium phosphate, potassium lactate, and natural

flavorings (Rosemary).

Gluten if presented will be identified as wheat, rye, oats or barley."

Best Choice (913-288-1488) per Ann Kerr,

*****Turkeys are GF  (They are on sale locally at Harter House for 69 cents per pound this week with a $20 purchase.)

Butterball (800-Butterball) Per Stephanie by phone

*****Fresh turkey is the suggested product, but frozen turkeys are GF except for those that are pre-stuffed and/or contain gravy packets.

Always check the label.  Gluten will not be hidden in artificial or natural flavors or spices.

If you have further questions regarding gluten in a Butterball product,
please call Consumer Affairs (1-800-325-7424). When calling, please have available the UPC number of the product in question.

Empire Kosher per website (www.empirekosher.com)

See list below.

Honeysuckle White GF per website (www.honeysucklewhite.com) - info below

*****Does Honeysuckle White® Turkey contain gluten or MSG?

All of our products are free of MSG.

The majority of Honeysuckle White® products do not contain Gluten. However, the following list of products do contain Gluten:

Asian Grill Marinated Turkey Strips
Teriyaki Flavor Turkey Breast Tenderloin
Frozen Italian Style Meatballs
Fresh Italian Style Turkey Meatballs

Jennie-O (800-621-3505) See below for list of Jennie O Products that are GF per website

Norbest  per website (www.norbest.com) 800-453-5327

All Norbest whole turkeys and bone-in turkey breasts are gluten-free and MSG-free

Perdue from email (www.perdue.com)   See list below.

*****"Thank you for your interest in learning more about PERDUE® products. We are continually introducing new products to the marketplace, and therefore routinely update our list of gluten free items.  We are forwarding you a copy of our current list by mail. This list is also available on our web site and can also be accessed at
http://www.perdue.com/products/gluten_free_products.html.
Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to call us
toll free at 1-800-4PERDUE® (1-800-473-7383) Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM ET, or email us at www.perdue.com®."

Riverside  it says gluten free right on the label.   I have found these at our Branson West Super Walmart.

Shadybrook Farms per website (www.shadybrookfarms.com)

      Does Shady Brook Farms® Turkey contain gluten or MSG?

      All of our products are free of MSG.

      The majority of Shady Brook Farms® products do not contain Gluten. However, the following list of products do contain Gluten:

      Fresh Italian Style Appetizer Size Turkey Meatballs
      Fresh Italian Style Turkey Meatballs
      Frozen Italian Style Turkey Meatballs
      Fresh Italian Style Family Size Turkey Meatballs
      Asian Grill Marinated Turkey Strips
      Teriyaki Flavor Turkey Breast Tenderloins
      Italian Style Beef Meatballs
      Sizzling Ginger Sirloin Tri-Tip Beef Roast
      Rosemary, Garlic & Chardonnay Seasoned Sirloin Tri-Tip Beef Roast

      Always refer to product packaging for accurate ingredient statements.

      We don't use flour on the conveyor belts in any of our Shady Brook Farms® processing plants.

Sheltons per website (www.sheltons.com)

See list below.

Sweet Sue Chicken Broth (800-633-3294) 99% fat free broth is gluten free        I WAS UNABLE TO CONTACT THEM FOR 2007

Swanson Chicken Broth (800-442-7684) 14 ounce can UPC 51000 02431 2 is gluten free
Butterball Chicken Broth (800-288-8372) per phone call

*****"Broth contains gluten."

Disclaimer ---  I am a volunteer and not a medical expert, but I can share with you information that I have found helpful.  Please contact your medical professional for medical advice regarding your situation.  Please verify the gluten free status of products often for your own protection.