From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2007 17:12:36 -0700

Dear Listmates,

If you are lucky this recipe will not be as revolutionary to you as it was
to me: Apple Pie with Traditional Crust and Crumb Topping. Although we have
tried a few crusts from a few cookbooks, most turned to unappetizing
concrete, and we stopped serving pies to our non-GF friends. In fact, the
last traditional pie we served to our friends required everybody scooping
out the fruit and leaving the shell as a concrete monument to gluten-free
living.

However, the traditional crust in Annalise Robert's cookbook is both easy to
make and very delicious. Because, her cookbook is copyrighted, the following
recipe for apple pie assumes you have her cookbook and goes on from there.
Although I have no financial interest in Annalise Robert's enterprises or
Mi-Del, I recommended both of them in the pie recipe. You can click-through
with the following shortcut: http://tinyurl.com/2wao33 (same as
http://home.comcast.net/~vhdolcourt/bread/). Just look for the <New/Revised>
flag in red and click on the link.

A number of people emailed me saying that the Cranberry (or other fruit)
Surprise Pie was interesting, but they wanted the "real thing," meaning
traditional crust. So did I. The Surprise Pie is more like a cobbler. Here
is a recipe for TRADITIONAL pie.

Vic-Sunnyvale, CA